Nostalgia

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Painting by Xula - Truly, Madly Deeply

February's Le Salon 'Truly, Madly, Deeply: Life+Love =Art' was split into two segments:
(I)The Love of Art and (II) The Art of Love

In the first segment while participants discussed the nature, and apprecaition of art, easels had been set up around the salon for anyone inclined to paint what inspired them. Open ended prompts were dispersed around the Salon, serving as springboards to the imagination
As the debate and discussion, passionately underway swirled around these brave people, here is how one of the participants; Anna Arlt from Switzerland (Xula)  expressed herself-

My pure innocent heart - What have I done to you?
When I was young, I filled you with joy. When I grew older I filled you with resentment
Each cruel life lesson, polluted the purity of your goodness. Drop by drop you were contaminated with the wickedness of my thoughts and actions. By time the immaculate sea of your nature became a muddy puddle - forgive me.
I shall let the mud sink down to the ground. I shall wait and be patient until time unveils your purity again. As it was in the beginning it will be in the end my pure innocent heart - you will conquer it all.

Xula also very kindly, presented a gift to Le Salon, she had painted for the occasion, as a thankyou for the invitation. Very much appreciated Xula!!!

My

No comments:

Post a Comment