Nostalgia

Monday 20 February 2012

Phillip Tabone - Poems (@ Truly, Madly, Deeply)

Caliber round

Feels like I've been shot
But I didn't really feel it.

A part of me has died
But I didn't really notice.

I carry a dead weight
Which I believed is still alive.

As I wonder why I am slower than usual
Because adrenaline masks well.

Anything else is slow to reverse
what a bullet can do in an instant.

Soul of Steel

She sits quietly
Motionless and cold
My caress light yet firm
with my touch she's alive!
Burning
the adrenaline rush
which is now so familiar
and the screaming.
I can hear each heartbeat
in sync somewhat with mine
the forged steel heart
pumps rhythmically at my beckoning
But
only for a few moments
as calm returns
I leave her and she's stone cold once more

No comments:

Post a Comment